Just two weeks into the new year, I have decided it’s about damned time that I start writing. With my brand shifting from Lindsay Jo Designs to Cuttle Creative, I plan on using the former (hello!) as my personal blog, with Cuttle Creative strictly ‘biz. So here we are!
As Kathleen Shannon has said (in an email somewhere, I’m sure), “I’m a resolutions person”. I, too, enjoy the tabula rasa that a new year offers. As a new mom, time is much different for me now, and even though my days turn into nights and nights are just as active as the sunlight hours, a new calendar does wonders for my morale.
- Blog here at LindsayJoDesigns at least once per week
- Stick with YNAB every month
- Don’t touch my phone while driving (eeeeek, this is a terrible habit that I am admitting in hopes of shaming myself)
- Take baby and pug for walk 3 times a week
- Help Pugsley (my little black pug) get more calm around the baby
- Go to at least 1 derby practice a week
- Skate outdoors at least 1 time a week
- Read 1 book a month – currently on the table are:
Steal Like An Artist by Austin Kleon
The Hollow City by Ransom Riggs
The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg
Creative Confidence by Tom & David Kelley
- Learn how to use all of my carriers and use them often – I currently own the Ergobaby Original in Sea Skipper, the Maya Padded Ring Sling in Emerald, and the Beluga Baby Lori Wrap – I actually used the Ergo for the first time today and I really loved it – so did Miles, he slept/looked around the whole time with only a few little whines
- Stick with gluten and dairy free as much as possible (I suspect some sort of mild allergy, because Miles will get the occasional tummy ache after drinking my breastmilk)
- Make it to 1 year of breastfeeding/pumping (I’m an exclusive pumper right now, but I’m hoping to figure out this whole nursing thing sometime soon.)
- Play with Miles every day and tell him I love him endlessly
- Get over my fear of cloth diapering and just dive into it
- Finish the Cuttle Creative branding and website, and be ready to take new clients by October
- Draw as much as I can, particularly hand lettering and life drawing
While I have plenty of plenty of smaller goals for the year, the above are the ones that have been really weighing on me and are the goals that I feel will take me a bit closer to my “ideal me”. During my pregnancy and now two months into being a new mom, I have definitely had to make an effort to be myself, and to live a life that isn’t 100% revolving around my tiny, beautiful, perfect person. As much as I love him to pieces, he’s a part of my life, but not my whole life.
I still have so much to learn, create, do, and be, and I hope to make 2016 a very formidable year for me, as a mom, a wife, a business owner, and a creator.